The National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC) for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility of Assistant Professorship, Junior Research Fellowship, or both, for Indian Universities and Colleges. Until June 2018, the NET was conducted by CBSE in 84 subjects at 91 cities across the country. Thereafter from December 2018 onwards, the UGC- NET is being conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Awarding of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and/ or Eligibility for Assistant Professorship depends on the aggregate performance of the candidate in Paper-I and Paper-II of UGC-NET. The candidates qualifying only for Assistant Professorship are not to be considered for the awarding of JRF. Candidates who qualify for the eligibility test for Assistant Professorship are governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of Assistant Professor of the concerned universities/colleges/state governments, as the case may be.
We at World of Economics offer two courses for preparing UGC-NET/JRF exams. The NTA UGC -NET/ JRF is conducted two times a year- June and December. For June exam, best time is to start coaching in mid of January and for December exam best time to start coaching is first week of June. Students can join batches according to their convenience. Some students take coaching in I/II year, so that they can get time for self-study.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE COURSE
- Regular tests, majorly focused on Previous Year Questions.
- Classroom discussion of MCQs with sample worksheets. Rigorous practice of more than 5000 MCQs.
- Students can interact with the faculty via Live Classes, Whatsapp Chats, Instant Messaging and calling, Doubt Sessions.
- Recorded lectures will be provided in case you miss the lecture.
- Detailed Study Material comprising booklets of –
- Teaching Aptitude
- Research Aptitude
- Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- People, Development and Environment
- Higher Education System
- Micro Economics
- Macro Economics
- International Economics
- Public Finance
- Development Economics
- Money and Banking
- Indian Economy Book authored by Dr Madhur M. Mahajan published by Pearson
RECOMMENDED BOOK LIST
- Modern Microeconomics: Koutsoyiannis
- Microeconomics: Robert S. Pindyck, Daniel L. Rubinfeld
- Microeconomics – H.L. Ahuja
- World of Economics Microeconomics UGC Booklet
- Macroeconomics: Rudiger Dornbusch, Stanley Fischer
- Principles of Macroeconomics: David Shapiro
- World of Economics Macroeconomics UGC Booklet
- International Economics: Dominick Salvatore
- World of Economics International Economics UGC Booklet
- Economic Development: Michael Todaro, Stephen Smith
- Growth and Development: M.L. Jhingan
- World of Economics Development Economics UGC Booklet
- Indian Economy: Dr. Madhur M. Mahajan by Pearson
- Latest Economic Survey Government of India
- Latest Budget Documents
- RBI Monthly Bulletins
- Public Finance in Theory and Practice: Richard Musgrave
- Public Finance: H.L. Bhatia
- World of Economics UGC Booklet
- Statistics: S.P. Gupta
- World of Economics Statistics UGC Booklet
- World of Economics Mathematical Economics UGC Booklet
- Basic Econometrics: Damodar N. Gujarati.
- World of Economics Econometrics UGC Booklet