IAS Economics Optional
Economics Optional is amongst the top five optional subjects among UPSC aspirants. This subject enjoys a decent success rate in recent years thereby attracting more and more students to opt for this subject. The subject economics is a very interesting optional and over the past few years, it has gained a lot of popularity mainly owing to the fact that many toppers had chosen this optional and it has been a scoring subject all along. The subject is technical and at the same time it is equally relevant in current times. Being technical, it is also very scoring optional. Even if you have no background of Economics, still one can opt Economics optional and join some good coaching institute for better understanding of the subject.
PATTERN OF THE EXAM
The UPSC Exam has 3 stages of examinations i.e., Prelims, Mains, and interview. The UPSC IAS exam consists of 9 papers, out of which 2 are of optional subjects. UPSC Economic Optional has Paper I and Paper II in mains Each Paper is of 250 marks with a total of 500 marks. The time duration to attempt the UPSC Economics paper is 3 hours.
|UPSC Economic Optional|
|Sr. No.||IAS Mains Papers||Subjects||Marks|
|1.||Paper VI||Optional Subject Paper-I||250|
|2.||Paper VII||Optional Subject Paper-II||250|
Total: 500 Time Duration: 3 hours
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE COURSE
- World of Economics helps students for the Preparation of Economic Optional in UPSC Exam:
- Detailed study material comprising booklets of Economics, General Studies and General English.
- Special emphasis on Answer writing.
- Free Test series aimed at enhancing the writing skills of the students.
- Recorded lectures will be provided in case you miss the lecture.
- Students will get free complementary book Indian Economy authored by Dr. Madhur M. Mahajan published by Pearson.
- Students can interact with the faculty via Live Classes, Whatsapp Chats, Instant Messaging and calling, Doubt sessions etc.
Books recommended for Economics optional:
- Modern Microeconomics: Koutsoyiannis
- Microeconomics: Robert S. Pindyck, Daniel L. Rubinfeld
- Microeconomics: H.L. Ahuja
- World of Economics Microeconomics IES Booklet
- Macroeconomics: Rudiger Dornbusch, Stanley Fischer
- Principles of Macroeconomics: David Shapiro
- World of Economics Macroeconomics IES Booklet
- International Economics: Dominick Salvatore
- World of Economics International Economics IES Booklet
- Economic Development: Michael Todaro, Stephen Smith
- Growth and Development: M.L. Jhingan
- World of Economics Development Economics IES Booklet
- Public Finance in Theory and Practice: Richard Musgrave
- Public Finance: H.L. Bhatia
- World of Economics Public Finance IAS Eco optional Booklet
- Indian Economy: Dr. Madhur M. Mahajan by Pearson
- Latest Economic Survey Government of India
- Latest Budget Documents
- RBI Monthly Bulletins